Friday, January 7, 2011

Daily Diversion

One of my good friends directed me to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros while I was conducting my annual expat-must-take-advantage-of-uncapped-American-internet iTunes binge in November (yes, I realize that they released their album in 2009; I've decided that I always find music late in the game--from Woody Guthrie to Bob Dylan to Rilo Kiley). I like them. They give me a big beards, deserts, Laurel Canyon, psychedelic mythology vibe, which in its extreme form is Charles Manson and in the most mainstream incarnation is pretty much the whole of the late 1960s/early 1970s Counterculture. And anyone who knows anything about me will not be surprised that this is a band that I've migrated towards. Anyway, give them a listen if you haven't.

And check out this absolutely adorable video of a father and young daughter, Jorge and Alexa Narvaez, doing a cover of ES&TMZs' "Home."






H/T to one of my all-time favorite sites, Pajiba, for the video and to John for Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

No comments:

Post a Comment