Friday, August 26, 2011

Adultery Fridays & Bison & Mixtapes

I have a new post up at the Foreign Policy Association. Three short bits on why Vitamin A should be everywhere, the shackling of female prisoners during childbirth, and abuses of workers on South African wine farms (boo). FYI, HRW does not identify the wine farms that are illegally evicting farm workers, among a host of other not great practices. If I see anything else, I'll follow up. You can go read my post (please!) and/or watch this video for more info, though:




Also, I went to Golden Gate Park the other day. Did you know they have a bison paddock there (gift of Senator Dianne Feinstein, former mayor of SF, whose husband gave her the bison)? Well, now you do. See?


And I just found this blog, Turntable Kitchen, and it is INCREDIBLE. Go check out their mixtapes. I'm really digging on this one. Partially for the High Fidelity reference. You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment