Friday, October 28, 2011

Adultery Fridays

New Foreign Policy Association post, on polio.  We've reduced the number of polio cases by 99% and eradicated the disease in all but seven countries (with a few cases here and there elsewhere). Take a look--it's a short read.  And yes, I opportunistically used the "we are the 99%" thing.  I'm not sorry.

In other news, my neighborhood is really into Halloween, and lots of houses have gone all-out with decorating.  It probably helps to have a huge, creepy Victorian mansion.  One of my neighbors has a whole ghost-and-tombstone display out, including a bloody, severed foot coming out from under a planter.  Every time I see that plastic foot, my heart leaps a little bit.  It's pretty darn realistic.  So, good on you, unknown neighbor, for scaring the crap out of me almost every day. 

Have a happy (and safe!) Halloween weekend.  I might take my camera around with me...we'll see how it goes.  If I do, I promise to post a shot or two next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment