Wednesday, June 8, 2011

At a loss...

...for what to write today. I'm trying to post on each weekday of this month, theoretically the last month I'll have this blog. Or not. Haven't decided. Anyway, I thought I'd send out a little links post because, well, that's all I got. Without further ado...

Lady Gaga accidentally called Anna Wintour a bitch, thinking the "Anna" texting her was a friend. That's kind of funny. As is Ms. Wintour's cold response. It reminds me of what my first grade teacher said in response to something very inappropriate being shown or told during Show and Tell (I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though): Thank you for sharing. Via The NYT.

Two great pieces on "Weinergate" with a splash of "Not Blake Lively" (H/T to Dlisted for that clever nickname): one from The NYT (duh) and the other from Pajiba. FYI, I'd call both Dlisted and Pajiba semi-NSFW (not safe for work), the former much more than the latter.

Very, very exciting news that the UN now recognizes that Internet access is a human right! Yay!

In a much weirder vein, someone is imitating (quite well, I might add), my dear friend James Allen Sligh on Twitter. The real Jim Sligh and the impostor. Or was it the other way around? Is this all a Banksy-style hoax? For you to decide. I just wish I'd come up with it first.

Absolutely wonderful piece from Jhumpa Lahiri on writing in The New Yorker. I'm not worthy.

I've been listening to this song. A lot.

This is old, but gosh darn is it hilarious. Reminds me of a simpler time when I was sitting on a lawn in NYC listening to a dictator say there were no gay people in his country. Except this is much funnier. Sorry it's flipped...but I don't get Hulu here, so sometimes we have to go outside of the law.





That's it. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment