Thursday, June 30, 2011

Leavetaking

Today's my last full day in Cape Town. I'm not sure how I feel. It's been a wonderful two years, but I've missed the US. And as much as I've loved the life I've made for myself here, it's never quite felt like home. I'm sad to leave and happy to go. As I'm writing this, I'm half-packed. Which feels appropriate somehow.

I'm starting to think that I might continue blogging here once I return stateside--watch this space as I figure it out. That might just be an excuse to avoid the wrap-up post. But I don't feel ready for a post on leaving. So, instead I'll continue with my dastardly plan to put up music instead of actually reflecting on how I feel. In times of change and upheaval, I always turn to Joni Mitchell. The following two songs from her album Blue, released in 1971, echo my current mood. Two for the road.






No comments:

Post a Comment